Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Thank you!

You are so much like my sister
My feelings for you are like no other.
You are a person I will treasure,
Always and Forever.

Patient is what you asked me to be,
You are the one who showed me the light.
I don't know what I would do,
If in my life, I didn't have you.

To me, you have been so influential,
Keeping things I tell you confidential.
You always seem to touch my soul,
Without you, I wouldn't feel whole.
I could write for hours,
Use the finest words in Webster's,
Fill pages upon pages with verse -
Only two words are needed,
Two words are everything I want to say:

Thank you.

Two words, two syllables
So tiny,
In these words I say so many things -
You are very special,
Holding my hand when the world is too much,
Hugging me when I can not bear life:

Thank you.

I have shown you my heart of hearts,
The person inside I am afraid to reveal.
Your sweet words and sweet face,
Bringing me back from the edge,
All I can do is . . .

Thank you.

No comments: